If your toes have already hit our white sand beaches or you’re just starting to plan your beachtown getaway to South Florida Lauderdale-By-The-Sea (or LBTS for short), call or stroll over to our newly renovated LBTS Visitor Center. This rare gem is one of the only beachside Visitor Centers in Broward County.
Our friendly staff has over 50 years of experience in assisting visitors with helping book a stay at one of our open-air hotels, and offer insider info on all there is to enjoy in our charming beachtown, from snorkeling off our beach and bike rentals, to shopping and dining options. They’ll help you find the perfect fit for your budget.
If you’re looking for special offers and discount coupons for attractions, tour options and other things to do, both near Town, around Fort Lauderdale and other popular Florida attractions throughout the sunshine state- they’ve got everything the county offers. The #1 best reason to stay in LBTS is “no car needed” – you can actually walk more quickly than driving to restaurants and shopping! If you stay in LBTS and then venture out to see other South Florida attractions, you can rent a car for a few days or take the train to Palm Beach or Miami. But while in town, enjoy the short stroll to everything Town offers.
Check out some favorite LBTS pastimes and then give the Visitor Center a call at (800) 921-2319 for assistance with planning your trip.
- Bike riding along El Mar Drive: Take in the ocean view by bike. There are multiple places to rent wheels in town, or bring your own!
- Sunbathing poolside at one of our locally-owned beachfront boutique hotels: Our open-air hotels make for the perfect place for a relaxing and socially distanced trip with the family or friends. Mosthotels in LBTS are four stories or less, with outside walkways to access rooms, so lobby and elevator interactions can be limited. Plus many have kitchenettes, and are close to the grocery store for nights in if you prefer!
- Swimming and splashing along the shoreline: Clear, blue waters await you in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. Grab a paddleboard or surfboard or wade in along our two miles of beach to cool off and play in the waves.
- Trying new cuisines: LBTS is home to many small authentic Caribbean, French, Thai, Italian, – even deep dish Chicago pizza!-and Vietnamese eateries, just to name a few. Most of ourtown’s restaurants offer indoor and outdoor dining, as well as kid-friendly options, so everyone in your family can enjoy something new.
- Relaxing in our quiet parks: LBTS has parks and beach portals with brightly-colored benches and Adirondack chairs, where visitors and residents alike can often be spotted kicking up their feet for a few hours and enjoying the outdoors.
Love our Town? Snap a picture or two at the Visitor Center and around Town and tag us @discoverlbts on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #DiscoverLBTS and #LoveLBTS for a chance to be featured on the Town’s feeds!
If you’re planning a trip to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea or just want a little more information about our quaint town, relax… the Visitor Center is reopened and ready to help, so give them a call at (800) 921-2319 or stop by – we’re on A1A at 4201 N. Ocean Drive.