Bag Up To 12 Bugs Per Day at BugFest!
BugFest-By-The-Sea is right around the reef!
Sponsored by Tropical Seas, BugFest is July 27-31, 2021.
In addition to great Tropical Seas sun care products, participating divers can win $10,000 in cash and dive gear. Besides cash awards for bagging the biggest lobsters, divers who register for BugFest’s Great Florida Bug Hunt will receive a raffle ticket for each lobster they catch.
BugFest has two awesome raffle prizes this year: The first is a two-night (three days of diving) dive trip with Neal Watson’s Bimini Scuba Center. You and your lucky dive buddy will stay at the Bimini Big Game Club Resort and Marina. Transportation provided by the Balearea Caribbean high-speed shuttle. Retail value: $2,000. The second big raffle prize is an Aqualung Legend Elite Regulator worth $920! We are also giving away ten $100 gift certificates from Force E Scuba, plus lots of other prizes and local dive trips
Unlike the Florida Keys, divers during Florida Lobster Mini-Season can also bag up to 12 BUGS PER DAY! You can also dive for lobsters at night, which is prohibited in the Keys.
The entry fee for the Great Florida Bug Hunt is $30. All other BugFest events are free!
All registered divers receive a BugFest Goody Bag and BugFest T-shirt.
If you are weighing in your lobster at the Sands Harbor Resort & Marina on Wednesday, you can have you lobster cooked with sides for $35 and enjoy happy hour drink pricing. You can also just have lunch and enjoy the pool!
BugFest 2021 includes:
Tuesday, July 27
- Free Bug Hunting Seminar with Jim “Chiefy” Mathie: 5PM-6:30PM at Plunge Resort.
- Free Lobster Mini-Season Kickoff Party at Plunge. Music by the Scuba Cowboy, meet the ScubaRadio Mermaids and ScubaRadio host Greg Holt! One free beer to the first 75 people who turn up! 7-9PM
Wednesday, July 28
- Lobster Chef Competition 5PM-7PM in our Beach Pavilion/Ocean Plaza.
- Mini-Season Diver Awards Party 7PM-9PM in our Beach Pavilion/Ocean Plaza.
Friday, July 30
- Free Diveheart Benefit Concert on the beach at Plunge Beach Resort (7PM-9PM).
Saturday, July 31
- Anglin’s Pier Underwater Clean-Up: 7AM-10AM. Pier brunch afterwards! Sign up with Gold Coast Scuba at 954-616-5909.
Questions about BugFest? Call Steve at (954) 640-4209 or e-mail him at email@example.com.