Back to the Beach
Update as of June 1, 2020
Broward County Executive Order 20-14
Attachment 15. Beaches in Broward County
Ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) and limited land based active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, biking, and surf fishing) are permitted on beaches in Broward County. Picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach, as well as the use of umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, and coolers, are also permitted.
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- Facial coverings must be worn when social distancing of 6 feet between persons (other than members of the same household or group) cannot be be maintained, including, not limited to, when using elevators to access the beach, using restrooms, and when visiting beach concessions.
- All persons must have a facial covering available and ready to use at all times; persons must be able to show their facial coverings upon request by local authority.
- Disposable facial coverings and other disposal personal protective equipment such as gloves must be discarded properly; littering of facial coverings or other personal protective equipment is prohibited.
- The use of facial coverings is not required when engaged in active recreation or exercise, or when in the water. Facial coverings should not be used by children under two (2) years old.
- No group gatherings or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- No group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- Individuals must maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between persons at all times (other than members of the same household or group), including when in the water.
- Buildings (other than restrooms) or designated areas for social gathering (such as changing rooms, picnic pavilions, playgrounds, exercise equipment areas, etc.) must remain closed.
- Beach concessions must comply with the applicable requirements in Broward County Emergency Order 20-12, as amended.
- Concessions or beachfront hotels that provide rental equipment (such as chairs, loungers, bicycles, etc.) must sanitize the rental equipment between each customer rental.
- Beach restrooms and showers must be sanitized at least every 3 hours.
- Municipalities shall have the ability to enact more stringent requirements than set forth herein, and, as with all other aspect of this Emergency Order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this Emergency Order.